Here is a Simple Doughnuts recipe that you for your tea and snack time. These are easy homemade fried doughnuts.
1 1/4 cups milk
2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
8 tbs (113g) butter. Melted and cooled
1/4 cup granulated sugar
4 1/4 cups all purpose flour
Oil for deep frying
1. Warm the milk and combine with yeast in a large bowl. Stir lightly and let sit until mixture is foamy (about 5 mins)
2. Beat eggs, butter, sugar, salt into the yeast mixture.
Add half the flour (2 cups +2 tbs) mix until combined then add the remainder and mix until dough pulls away from sides of bowl. Add more flour 2 tbs at a time if dough is too wet.
Transfer to floured surface and gently knead until smooth. Grease large bowl with a little oil and transfer dough to the bowl. Let it rise at room temperature until double the size about 1 hour
3. Turn the dough out onto well floured surface and roll it to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut out the donuts with cutters or drinking glass. (If making holed donuts, cut out small holes in the middle with a shot glass
4. Put the donuts on floured baking sheets with enough room between them. Let rise in a warm place until slightly puffed up about 45 mins.
5. About 15 mins before donuts are done rising, put oil in heavy bottomed pot over medium heat.
Line cooling racks with paper towels
6. Carefully add donuts to the oil a few at a time. Deep fry until deep golden brown all over.
Credit : Tabitha Chola