There are plenty okra recipes that are all very delicious. One method is by frying the okra. I prefer it this way because not only are the nutrients retained but it is also very tasty especially when saved with a chicken dish and some Nshima (pap).
You can find other okra recipes that are common in Zambian cooking here.
Okra contains many nutritional benefits. Read about them here;
Below are the exact steps of how to cook okra by frying;
Okra recipes (Frying)
4 tablespoons cooking oil
1 medium tomato
1 medium onion
Fresh Chilli (optional)
1. Wash the okra and cut into slices
2. Add some cooking oil to a pan and add some salt
3. Put the Okra on the pan and stir continuously for approximately 7-10 minutes
4. Remove the Okra from the pan and add the tomato and onion. Stir until they are cooked
5. Put back the Okra on the pan and mix well with the gravy making sure the okra does not break(mash)
6. Mix well for 2 minutes
7. Ready to serve
Cooking tip: Adding salt to the oil helps keep the okra green. This type of dish is especially enjoyable if served with a grilled fish and nshima/pap/ugali.
To learn more about Zambian food cuisine an how to prepare delicious authentic Zambian Meals, purchase our Zambian foods cookbook by clicking here: