Beef Hooves are cow feet. They are a delicacy in Zambia and can be enjoyed with Nshima and vegetables. They are very nutritious, they tend to make a thick gravy and can take a long time to cook.
In today’s recipe, we are going to learn how to cook beef hooves (cow feet). You will need;
1 cow leg (already cut from the butchery)
1 big tomato
2 tbsps. Tomato paste
How to cook Beef Hooves
- Clean and wash your hooves pieces and then add some salt.
- In a pot heat just a little oil and throw in your cow hooves
Fry a bit and add some water
- Cook the hooves in a slow cooker on high for about 6 to 7 hours.
Make some gravy by frying some onions and tomatoes (remove the skins from the tomato and blend it) and then add some tomato paste as well.
- Fry until the tomato is cooked then pour over the hooves. Add some water just on the level of the hooves.
- Allow to simmer and they are ready to serve
Beef Hooves can be enjoyed very much if mixed with boiled and dried kidney beans. The combination is really amazing.