There’s something special about the taste of freshly fried Buka Buka fish. Crispy on the outside, juicy and flavorful on the inside, it’s a dish that’s hard to resist. In this post, I’ll share my recipe and tips for frying tasty fresh Buka Buka fish that will have everyone asking for seconds.
- Buka Buka Fish ( 4-5 pieces)
- 1 lemon or lime
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Remove the scales from the fish and rinse under cold water
- Pat them dry with paper towels
- In a shallow dish, mix together the garlic powder, paprika, salt, black pepper and 2 tablespoons of cooking oil .
- Rub the Buka Buka fish with the mixture or use a kitchen brush to rub it on
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet/pan or deep fryer
- Carefully place the fish in the hot oil, being sure not to overcrowd the pan.
- Fry the fish for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the fish from the oil and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil.
- Serve the fried fish
- You can serve it with nshima or rice alongside any vegetable.
- Don’t overcook the fish. Two to three minutes on each side is usually enough time for the fish to cook through and become crispy. Overcooking can lead to dry and tough fish.
- Fry the fish in small batches to avoid overcrowding the skillet. This will help the fish cook evenly and become crispy.
Frying Buka Buka fish is not the only recipe for preparing this fish. It can also be boiled , which gives it a unique aroma and delicious flavor. But if you are in the mood for some crispy fried fish, give this recipe a try and enjoy!