If you would like to cut down on meat , Soya chunks curry is one recipe you should try for your protein replacement. It’s high in protein and pretty much tastes like meat if you prepare it the right way with the right spices. It’s perfect for vegetarian diets.
Benefits of Soya
According to an article on bbcgoodfood.com ,Soya is regarded as equal to animal foods in protein quality yet it is thought that plant proteins are processed differently to animal proteins. For example, experimental studies have shown that soya protein isolates tend to lower cholesterol levels while protein from animal sources can raise cholesterol levels.
Here is one Soya recipe that is both delicious and healthy
1 packet of soya chunks
1 medium sized tomato(diced)
1 medium sized onion (chopped)
1 beef cube (used knorrox beef cubes)
Steak and chops spice
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
2 tablespoons gravy thickener (used Bisto)
2 medium sized potatoes
2 medium sized carrots
5 tablespoons of cooking oil
1/2 cup of water
1. Peel your potatoes and carrot and cut them into cubes
2. Steam the potatoes and carrots and put them aside
3. Soak the soya chunks in very hot water to make them soft
4. Put the cooking oil in a frying pan and fry continuously until they begin to look brownish.
Also add the steak and seasoning spice, turmeric powder and the black pepper
4. Transfer the soya chunks in to a cooking pot and add the steamed potatoes and carrots
5. Stir well and then add the tomatoes and onions as well as the beef cube. Continue to stir and it mixes well.
6. Mix half a cup of water with the gravy thickener, stir the mixture and pour it into your cooking pot of soya chunks
7. Stir well and leave it to simmer for some 4-5 minutes
8. Serve with Nshima , Rice or Pasta. Enjoy!