Ever tried mixing fresh okra with green beans? The combination is a tasty and healthy vegetable dish. Easy to prepare. It can be enjoyed as a side dish with Nshima along with some protein.
According to Healthline, Okra is an excellent source of vitamins C and K1. Additionally, okra is low in calories and carbs and contains some protein and fiber. Many fruits and vegetables lack protein, which makes okra somewhat unique.
Green beans contain no cholesterol. Although your body needs some cholesterol for healthy cell growth, too much is bad for you. High cholesterol may lead to a build-up of fat deposits in your arteries. This can decrease blood flow to your heart and brain and cause a heart attack or stroke.
How to cook Fresh Okra with Green Beans
- 3 Handfuls Fresh Okra
- 2 Handfuls Green beans
- 2 tbsp Cooking oil
- 1 Medium Tomato
- 1 Medium Onion
- Wash the okra and green beans and cut it into tiny slices
- Put the cooking oil on the pan and add some salt
- Add the okra and stir for 3 minutes
- Add the green beans and stir for 7 minutes
- Cut tomatoes and onions and add
- Stir for 5 more minutes and it ready to serve
Adding the salt to the oil before the okra helps it to maintain its green color.