Mintesa or Imintesa (Bemba language) are a type of fish common in Zambia. They are a type of Mormyrids fish and are very tasty both fresh and dry. In chinyanja language, they are called Tunyansi. In this recipe, we are going to learn how to cook dry mintesa with some gravy.
How to cook dry mintesa
Here is the recipe below for the dried ones.
- 2 Handfuls Imintesa
- 1 Medium Tomato
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1 Green pepper
- 5 Tbsp Cooking oil
- Put the Imintesa in warm water and rest it for 5 minutes
- Rinse in cold water to remove dirt and dust particles
- Put cooking oil on the pan and fry
- Remove from the pan and add some tomatoes, onions, green pepper and salt to make gravy
- Put them back on the pan together with the gravy and stir
- It is now ready to serve
This post is brought to you by ensansa.com.
Ensansa.com is an online African food store specializing in Zambian traditional food and ships to US, Europe,Canada and Australia . Visit their store today at ensansa.com