Lumanda is one of the many green vegetables enjoyed in Zambia. It has a natural sour taste which contributes to it’s delicious taste especially if prepared with powdered groundnuts.
Here is the recipe;
Zambian food: Uncooked Lumanda and Powdered groundnuts
1 medium chopped tomato
1/2 cup pounded groundnuts
3/4 teaspoons soda
A bit of water
1. Remove the Lumanda leaves from the stems and wash
2. Add in the pot with 3/4 teaspoon soda and a bit of water. Boil for some 3 minutes
3. Add the chopped tomato and the powdered groundnuts and begin to stir continuously
4. Continue stirring for at least 20 minutes to ensure the powdered groundnuts are fully cooked
5 . The Lumanda is now ready to serve
6. Serve with Nshima. Enjoy!